Welcome to my Brain. Please watch your step.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Panther

I was in Eric's office today and he was installing Mac OS X (Panther) onto a computer when the intro movie kicked in. This song quickly caught my attention for it was a fairly cool song. Anyways my friend Eric said that he really likes that song but he can't find it at all. This immediately became a challenge to me becuase I have the ability to find ANYTHING on the internet. That's right, a quote, a fact, a song, a movie, a script, whatever is needed I can find. So after, 15 seconds of hard searching I found the song.

Now I don't have a Mac so I can't verify this information for myself but from what I've found is that you can find the movie at -
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SetupAssistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/intro.mov

and a sound clip at - /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/intro-sound.aiff

The official song information is:
Title: Sofa Rockers
Artist: Sofa Surfers
Album: See the Light

Sofa Rockers (Richard Dorfmeister Remix) is indeed the mix used on the Cheetah/Puma/Jaguar installers. However, the Panther track is Eple (which is Norwegian for Apple) by Röyksopp on the Melody A.M. album. You can get a clip of this song here, you can also buy the cd at Amazon.com. I have not had any luck trying to download a full version of it but here it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free page hit counter