Welcome to my Brain. Please watch your step.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Jargon

Wired magazine has a section in their magazine for the latest jargon so I e-mailed them some jargon that they may consider putting in their magazine. Here are some and their meanings.

Cobweb Site:
A Web site that hasn't been updated for a long time. A dead web page.

Crapplet:
A badly written or profoundly useless Java applet.

Meatspace:
The physical world (as opposed to the virtual) also "carbon community" "facetime" "F2F" "RL."

Percussive Maintenance:
The fine art of whacking a device to get it working.

Plug and Play:
A new hire who doesn't need any training. "The new guy John is great. He's totally plug-and-play."

I especially love "Carbon Community" in reference to the real world.


2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I found them online, but I tried looking and I don't remember where. If I come across it I'll put up the link, but those were the best ones.

12/09/2004 07:13:00 AM

 
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

I dig percussive maintenance.

12/09/2004 02:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free page hit counter