Welcome to my Brain. Please watch your step.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Idiots

Last night Betty and I were "hanging out" in the Oasis. We were just sitting next to each other, I was reading "Wired Magazine" (My favorite) and she was reading some of my "Time" magazines. It was nice and relaxing and we had a great time. Well, towards the end of the night she noticed one her guy friends reading this romantic book and she teased him a little bit as we were leaving so I could take her back to her dorm. This guy told her something, I wasn't paying attention and it was coded, it was something like "Just remember what I told you." Something vague like that. Betty got mad though, when I tried to figure out what happened she wouldn't tell me but I could see that she was angry. She said that she didn't want to tell me because it would make me angry. Well, you just can't say that to me because I get way too curious. I kept asking her and she told me that before the Christmas Banquet that this guy told her that she shouldn't go with me and that if she did go with me that she shouldn't talk to me again after that because I am not a good guy. At that moment something started in my fingers and spread throughout my body. I got a little angry but not in front of her. I thought that maybe I should go have a talk with this guy, Betty begged me not to so I didn't but I really wanted to give it to him. I wanted to confront him and ask this guy whom I have never met, had any personal dealings with, and didn't even share a class with. How does this guy possibly know me or my character?! Well, I drove home, it's 2 miles from school, by that time I was already calmed down and didn't care anymore. However when I tried to call Betty at her dorm room the phone was busy. It was busy until 11:30, when Betty picked up she was crying and upset. I didn't know what to say, I figured she just had a long chat with "Mr. Know-it-all." I told her that I don't care or anything. Well, it turns out that the guy apologized for being and idiot to both Betty and I, he admited that he didn't know me and (suggestion from Betty) that maybe he should actually try to get to know me before he passed judgement on me. I also found out that this guy liked Betty and was going to ask her to date him. Hmmm.....There's a little motivation to not like me I guess, but still can't we be adults about the whole situation? The weird thing is that I was reading one of the books that from the last post on my Blog, it was Christian Dating by Mike Ray, her pastor. I was reading about what a guy should look for in a women and the text was in Proverbs. The last thing I read before I finally got through to Betty was that I should read Proverbs 31:10-31. Just before I was going to read it I decided to try and call Betty one more time. When I got through I found out all that information and that Betty was actually reading Proverbs 31:10-31!!! She was distressed and she was pouring over it trying to be more like that lady in Proverbs. She was talking about quitting and not coming back next semester and how she was sick of the hole thing. She told me that she used to be in the shadows and now because we're seeing each other everyone has an opinion. I talked to her and calmed her down. Told her that she needs to pray and think about God's will, if she was to leave or stay it would have to be God's will or she wouldn't have any peace. She went to bed and I prayed for her. She is better today. We agreed that we wouldn't talk to each other too until I finished the two books. I finished one already, I'm working on the second one. She has a day off tomorrow so I'll keep you all posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free page hit counter