Welcome to my Brain. Please watch your step.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Long Time No Talk

Hey guys, how are you all doing? I know I haven't written on my blog in a long time, I've just been so busy with working full time and going to school full time and squeezing time in for other things. A lot of things have changed in the last couple of weeks. Yes, Betty and I are still together. Things at Best Buy are going really good. I'm helping a lot of customers buy stuff. I worked two departments for a while, Home Theatre and Computers. I can't work in the computer department with a clear conscience. I was selling people junk, like e-machines and stuff. Plus I had to try and get them to buy Norton Anti-virus and Spyware programs. I felt bad because these programs don't really work all that great and they cost money when you can download better working programs for free. However, I'm working in Home Theatre now and hopefully, if they come through with their promise, I'll be working full-time meaning more hours and benefits. This is good for a guy that's saving up to get married. Yes, married. Hopefully. So that covers work.

School is something else. Why am I laughing? Well, Greek and History of Civilization mainly. I have a 58% in Greek. This is the class from hades. I'm doing my best though so there are no regrets. History of Civilization is just funny. The main teacher Dr. Rasmussen has left the class to go on "business trips" of some sorts leaving in charge a substitute. I won't say his name out of consideration but this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and here is a list of more trite euphamisms that come to mind. He can't pronounce words and gives us the terms straight out of the encyclopedia. Then when the normal teacher comes back he puts it in his own words, of course much more condensed, and basically you fail the quizzes and tests. So that puts a little harder spin on things. Ministry?

Well, I'm not going to Visalia anymore. It is almost a relief and disappointement all in one. I loved the teenagers, the retirement home, and the church family up there however with work and school it was nearly impossible. 6 hours in the car alone just driving at night took most of the weekend away. Pastor Bennefield called me one day last week and basically told me that he had replaced me. I just hope that you guys (teenagers) are doing ok, and if you ever need any help or counsel or just want to talk you can e-mail me or post a message on my blog. Seriously! I went to visit Betty last weekend. I drove up there and spent the night at her brother's house. I miss her a lot and the distance puts a hard strain on our relationship. We'll make it though, we just have to keep communicating and I just have to put a little more effort in trying to get up there to see her. I lover her a lot and don't want anything to happen to the relationship that we have now. I just need to invest a little more and make a little more effort. I'm flying her down for my birthday this weekend. She'll be getting here on Thursday, Friday my family, her, and I are going to go to Mexico to celebrate my 21st birthday. It's going to be blast and I can't wait! We'll be there until Sunday afternoon and she'll be flying home on Tuesday. I'm really glad that she is coming. It will be a help to our relationship.

My friend Eric and Jacques are going to be doing something really soon here with their girlfriends. I'm sure you can figure it out and I know that they don't read my blog but I don't want to spoil any surprises if you know what I mean. I've started a new little hobby. I'm adding or writing articles on Wikipedia. This means that I am officially a Wikipedian. Here's one that I helped with Robert Mondavi. I took that picture and edited it in Photoshop. I took that picture while in Napa visiting Betty during my spring break. Her dad took us around the valley and we stopped at this winery. Napa is such a beautiful place. I think about it often.

So that's where I am now. I've also started giving people this blog site at Best Buy so that I can start writing technical stuff if I start getting annoyed of answering the same questions so you might see some more stuff like the article about internet security popping up. Well, It's 12:42am and I have to wake up at 5:30am to get ready for work. Talk to you later world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Youth Conference went great. I didn't get to go to much of it because I was working or helping being a counsellor. It was nice to get out of the dorms for a couple of days. Concerning Eric and Megan, Well, I can't really say Timmy.

4/10/2005 11:12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh hey joe its me casey well everyone here misses you alot our new teacher looks pretty scary i am really sad that your not our teacher anymore 8-( well i just wanted to say hi ..... did you say in there that you and betty were getting married i didnt really understand that part but ok .... well i hope i am not using this space as a chat room ... i dont want you to get mad at me so... i guess ill go now.....ok well buh bye Joe!!!!

4/11/2005 07:47:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah write me to at chubbycheeks_08@hotmail.com yeah ok write me cuz no one ever writes me ...ok well bye

4/11/2005 07:49:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey joe whats up well i just wanted to say hi since i havnt seen you 4-ever we really miss you i tried to find you at yc but you were busy i guess see....didnt i tell you this would happen it always does just when we start getting comfortable with someone their gone you helped me with so much and i never really got to say thanks dont worry that new guy cant "replace" you oh yeah i want you to come for my graduation please try to come ill send an invitation hope you have a great b-day "your ruining my life"=)

4/14/2005 11:57:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free page hit counter