Welcome to my Brain. Please watch your step.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

How to Stop Spammers

The following is an e-mail I sent to the Blogger Team about my little pet peave Job Opportunitya, a solution to blog spammers, and a resolution that makes everyone happy.

Hey guys,
I love blogging. It has revolutionized the world. However, spam is
becoming a big thing. I know that there are tools to prevent and hinder
it. I have enabled Word Verification and I moderate my comments but it
doesn't stop.

I have a suggestion. Look at it in a wiki sense. Why don't you guys
allow people to report user abuse. It would help the blogging community
and you wouldn't have to hire someone to sit and read all the abuse
cases. Make it simple. For example, if a blogger is reported 5 times
or more in a day for spam abuse his username is either deleted or
suspended for review. If you want a good case, check out 'Job
Opportunitya' He's been notoriously spamming blogs not just once, but
10-20 times per post. Not just me but many other blogger users. Please
help bring justice.

Thanks,
Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free page hit counter