Welcome to my Brain. Please watch your step.

Monday, July 04, 2005

NASA - Deep Impact

NASA - Deep Impact

Eric and I just got back from out in the middle of nowhere (Saddleback Butte Park) to see this comet get hit by this other thing. We didn't see jack. But we did meet a lot of other cool people and looked at some other stuff. We saw Jupiter and it's planets, some nebulas, a couple of galaxiesm and my favorite M80 which is a globular cluster. It was the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time. Like a jewel or diamond ring. That analogy seems to trite but that's exactly what it looked like. A glistening jewel.

It reminded me of the times that I used to go with my dad and my grandpa to the Griffith Park Observatory, or Planetarium, and soak in as much knowledge as I could about stars, and comets, and galaxies. My grandpa also had a telescope and we'd sit in the backyard and look at the moon and other things with it. I really enjoyed those times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free page hit counter